Farmoor is a rural community next to the reservoir. St Mary’s began with outdoor services held in July 1935. The simple wooden building that served as a church for over sixty years was replaced by a permanent structure in 1997. The church was rededicated by the Bishop of Reading on March 29th 1998.
This small, but very committed, congregation is keen to serve the Farmoor community, and, in normal times, welcomes people to its weekly service on Sunday mornings at 9.30 am. However, until further notice, St Mary’s will remain closed for communal worship.
This parish is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of the children and people of all ages in our church community. The parish Safeguarding Policy can be seen here. Further information and contact details are on our Safeguarding page.