Parish of Cumnor – Diocese of Oxford
Parish Safeguarding Policy
The following policy was agreed at the PCC meeting held on 8th April 2019
- We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records checks.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult. child or young person may have been harmed. co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation and we will have a clear reporting procedure in place.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse. developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow statute. guidance and recognised good practice.
- We will advise the Diocese which Registered Body we use to process applications for Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records checks.
- We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure which is ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’.
- We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date. and supply a copy of the updated policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.
Our Safeguarding Officer is: Valerie Livesley, Wolfson House, Yarnells Hill, Oxford OX2 9BG 01865 793 383